Aura Lock & Key Residential Locksmith Services
Aura Lock & Key provides comprehensive residential locksmith services for customers in Calgary and surrounding areas. Our company understands that every client's needs are different.
Our locksmiths and door technicians are trained, certified, bonded and licensed. They are dedicated and committed to their jobs. We offer one of the lowest costs while proving you with our top quality services. Aura Lock & Key strives to never compromise on quality. Our goal is to give our clients quality work while making our services affordable. We designed our services in such a way that we offer the lowest cost but with the excellent services.
Our locksmiths have the expertise to offer you some of the best residential locksmith services which include: re-keying and re-making new keys for existing deadbolts and locks, installation of new locks, installation of master keys, CCTV cameras and high security lock systems etc. All these services are offered to you at minimum possible and genuine rates.
- Keyless entry locks.
- Mailbox locks and service.
- Postal key replacement and duplication.
- Door viewers & peepholes.
- File cabinet & cupboard locks.
- Desk and cabinet locks.
- Laptop locks, chain and cable locks.
- Tool box lock repair & replacement service (in-shop only)
- Break-in repair.
- Door replacement and security screen doors.
- Open-up & Lock out service.
- Quality new or reconditioned hardware.
- Residential CX5 High Security hardware.
- Bump proof and key restricted locks.
- Decorative hardware.
- Lock repair and refurbish.
- Lock recoding (change a lock to work on a new key).
- Lock re-keying (make a key work on a lock without recoding).
- Master key service
- Duplication of keys.
- Key extractions.
- Hinge repair, adjustment & replacement.
- Window guards & grills.
- Bolt Buddy and door reinforcement hardware.
- Door stops.
- Padlocks and gate entry.
- Residential lockbox & realtors key box.
- Safe combination changes.
- Residential safes sales & service
- Key cabinets.
- CCTV Camera systems & motion detectors.
- Citywide and rural mobile service.
- Family owned and operated.
- Home security analysis.
- Free estimates.
- Insurance claims.
- Same day or next day service.
- Weekday appointments only – we are not 24 hour.
Changing the locks on your doors can be a good idea for a variety of reasons. But did you know there are certain times when it’s especially recommended?
- When you move into your new home or apartment.
- When you lock yourself out of your residence or lose your keys.
- To make your home more secure.
- To upgrade old hardware.
- When you need new locks installed.
Moving into a new house is one of the automatic times you should change your locks. Most people understand the need for this precaution, but if you don't think you need to change them after a move, think again. You can never be sure that the previous resident turned over every single key ever made. It simply is not worth worrying about someone you do not know having a copy of a key to your house. Change them and be done with it. Otherwise, even your home security system can't provide the protection you need.
FACT: Due to the commonality of standard house locks, in a city as large as Calgary there is approximately a 1 in 4 chance that your house key will open your neighbors house locks and vice-versa. This chance is even greater in newer districts due to the fact that new homes are usually all keyed to the same key to allow ease of access to contractors building the homes. There are several other times when you need to change your locks in addition to when you move. Most people don't even think about changing them when they are in one of these situations, but if you don't, you are making yourself and your family more vulnerable to thieves and other criminals.
- Change your locks if someone you have employed no longer works for you. This includes gardeners, housecleaners, babysitters and other people you might have given a key for access to your home. You cannot be sure that they have not made copies and could return to clean you out.
- If you are a landlord, change the keys when your tenants move out. They might give you a key back, but you can't be sure they didn't make one or more copies. Change the locks immediately after your tenant leaves so you can better ensure the safety of your new tenants.
- Change your locks if you remodel your home and give a key to a contractor. No matter how reliable you think your contractor is, you can't guarantee that he won't make a copy of your key and give it to his workers or other people you do not know. You can't control what your contractor does with your key, so as soon as your renovations are complete, rekey the locks.
- Key all of your locks to the same key. This is very convenient because you can unlock every door with a single key. You don't have to keep track of as many keys and you won't be fumbling through various keys to find the one you want.One of the best ways to prevent break-ins is to make it difficult for burglars to get inside. Your home security system can only do so much. If someone has a key, no one is going to think twice about someone entering your house when you're not home. After all, if a person has a key, he's supposed to be there, right? You know the answer is that not everyone who has a key has permission to enter your house, so change the locks and make your house more secure. To avoid having to change your locks often, Aura Lock & Key suggests upgrading your lock hardware to keyless or high security. Call today for more information. Keyless locks use a code to open the lock and the lock code can easily be changed by yourself.
High security locks will prevent your keys from unauthorized duplication. If you lend a key to your neighbor so they can look after your home while you are away on vacation, when you get that key back you can be assured that they could not get the key duplicated in your absence.
NOTE: It is hard to prove to your insurance carrier that your home was burglarized without any signs of forced entry. Access with a key is not necessarily “break and enter.”